Sunday, March 11, 2007

Walton Ford



End of last yearish (?), I went to see the Ron Mueck show at the Brooklyn Museum. I ended up more impressed by Walton Ford's enormous painstakingly made water color paintings than I was by Mueck's enormous painstakingly made human sculptures. The above painting in particular comes to mind first because I was shocked as to how long it took me to realize that the animal on top was taking advantage of the animal on the bottom. I literally passed and made a point of observing the watercolor three or four times before I recognized the presence of the erect penis lodged inside the leopard/cheetah/tiger. When everything came into focus for me, I would like to think that I suddenly felt the urge to go to the bathroom, or I began blushing uncontrolably.
I know a guy, a German, who blushes uncontrollably when he finds out his woman is fertile.

No comments: