Saturday, March 3, 2007

SLAVOJ



Video from Pervert's Guide to Cinema with Slavoj Zizek.

Slavoj Zizek. Apparently, if I was in the know, I would have known about this guy much earlier. But I don't stay much in the know when it comes to the academic world, let alone most worlds. I'm late to this Zizek party, and I don't know what to think of this guy, but what an amazing presence. The ego is palpable. He must haunt people close to him. I don't think there are many people that could hold a conversation with him based on this video alone. But many men could sit in a sauna with him and just listen. I would like to be one of these men, but I don't think I'm quite there yet. There are videos of him on youtube lying in bed with his shirt off.

Check youtube for more of his lectures and other chapters from the Pervert's Guide, here's Zizek's treatise on a scene from Blue Velvet.

No comments: