Tuesday, March 6, 2007

I want to see a big wave

I don't think I've ever met anyone whose witnessed a tidal wave in person. I want to see a really huge wave, badly. Why are there so few videos of huge waves without surfers? I don't want to look at the tsunami ones. Don't these enormous waves just happen day to day in certain beaches in Australia, Hawaii and Japan?





And yesterday, I thought I was going to get frostbite on my hands. 10 degrees outside yesterday, and I decide to stop wearing my insanely warm to the point of mild embarassment winter coat. I wasn't wearing a scarf, or gloves, and I'm carrying equipment so the skin of my precious hands is exposed. Three more minutes, and I'm frost bitten. Fifteen more minutes, and I look this guy below. At least my shirt was tucked in. The key to staying warm is closing up that gap, tucking that shirt in, keepin gthe warmth inside. I never bought long-johns this season, and think it's too late. How far do long-johns drop in price come spring? I never do it. Never buy long johns on time. And your thighs, they get cold so easy.

No comments: