Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Arab in a Cowboy Hat








Someone in a class wrote an action/thriller oriented start to a screenplay, and the primary terrorist antagonist was described as, "Arab." A few people thought that maybe he could go in a more original direction with this antagonist, I suggested an American in a cowboy hat, and then an Arab in a cowboy hat. There are no pictures of Arabs in cowboy hats. If you search for Arab in cowboy hat, pictures of presidents pop up.

I hope, if I ever meet Bush, we're both wearing big black cowboy hats. Then we can go lean on the fence somewhere on the farm, and stare out at the fields or the sunset. Maybe we don't even speak to each other the whole time. Just peace, calm, barley, wheat. Maybe he spits and makes me feel uncomfortable. Or I spit also and he takes offense.

No comments: